Friday, July 6, 2012

James' Anatomy

A Conversation with my Two Year Old, James.  Well, he is babbling and I try to decipher it as best as I can...


Me:  What are you doing, buddy?

James:  I'm building something out of Legos...

Me:  That's cool...What are you making?

James:  A heart...

Me:  Awww!  That's sweet!  Who are you making it for? Mommy?

James:  No.  For Clifford.

Me:  Your stuffed animal, Clifford the Big Red Dog?

James:  Yep.  You see, Clifford's large size has caused his enlarged heart to wear out at an early age.  I am creating a new artificial heart that, with proper and routine maintenance, will actually last longer than the average dog's heart.

Me:  Wow!  That's impressive...Wait, where did get the steak knife?

James:  It's a scalpel...And how did you think I wad going to complete a successful transplant?  Now, I am making a four inch horizontal incision along the sternum ...

Me:  I don't think you should be doing this...

James: Quiet in my OR!  If you distract me, we could lose him!

Me:  I'm sorry, I just think you might be playing-

James:  BP is dropping! We're losing stuffing! Get me some cotton, stat! ...You will not die on me today, Clifford! Do you hear me? Don't you dare die on me!

Me: James, you're making a mess!  There's stuffing everywhere!

James: I'm almost there...Got it!...Vital signs are levelling off...Back to normal...Welcome back, Clifford...

Me:  I knew this day would come, but I had thought it was something else to play "doctor."

James:  Doctor?  Surgeon, please...Now, close him up.  I've got a 3:15 tee time to get to...

Me:  I think you've watched too much "Grey's Anatomy" with your mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment