Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Two Year Old's To-Do List

There are days I believe that my son, James, has got to have a day planner in order to accomplish the things he does in a day.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I overhead him this morning saying:


"Okay, let's see....I woke up mom and dad today at 3:30 and continued to scream for twenty minutes until they starting singing 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' in perfect harmony.  Check!  And I must say, Dad's falsetto is getting quite good....


"After that I woke them up again at 5:00 by spilling milk from my sippy cup onto Mom's pillow and "Gorilla Stomping" Dad's trachea...So, I can cross that one off...


"Hmmm...I didn't get ink on anything at 8:30. But, I am scheduled to do that again at 2:30, so I'll just double up...After that, I have to torture the dog until he nervously pees all over the sofa.  So, I may switch my 3:30 'spin. around in circles and puke' with my 4:15 'complete destruction of living room as if I was recreating the White House scene from Independence Day' in order to tie it all up into a glorious and epic masterpiece... 


"What's next?  Ah, yes!  Demand specific items for breakfast with righteous indignation!


"Mom!  I want waffles with peanut butter and a light, 1/8 inch wide drizzle of honey in a  uniformed criss-cross pattern!"


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment